Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Walking together

Sunday I walked 7 miles with Jody and Shellie, my two walking partners.  Jody walked in the Chicago 3-day last year with me and Shell was going to but had other commitments that weekend.  So we've been walking and talking together for more than a year now.  It is amazing how we can find so much to talk about every time we walk.  I look forward to our time together every Sunday. 


Training and fund raising has me thinking about why I'm doing this.  I know we are losing my sister in law - she has ovarian cancer - to a different disease than breast cancer, but it feels like if I can help move research in one way forward maybe it will help research in all areas of cancer. 


I'm extremely grateful to the people that have already donated!  As I send out emails to people I get many replies that tell me they too have lost someone to cancer.  I'm thinking about how I can honor them in my walk.  Some people wear ribbons or shirts with the names.  I'll have to think about it some more.


Thanks for reading.


Cate

No comments: