Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Training Tip

Hi,

This week I got an email from the 3 Day coaches saying I have 24 weeks until my walk with training and fundraising tips.  So I thought I'd share one with you:

Training Tip of the Week: Your Training Program
Training for an endurance event like the 3-Day involves three things:
  • Developing muscular strength and endurance
  • Building cardiovascular fitness
  • Experimenting with exercise gear, diet and fluids 
To be honest,  the one that I found the most challenging last year and the year before was getting the correct exercise gear (read: the right clothes)!  Getting shoes that don't give you blisters and shorts that don't creep up after 5 or 6 miles can be difficult as well as expensive.  The good news is I still have last years clothes so all I have to do is get walking.

So tonight - I start walking!

No comments: